in my make-up bag

The snow is falling heavily, so today is definitely an inside kind of day (I am seriously struggling to stray from my bed, duvet and onesie in these kinds of temperatures). I really enjoy reading posts on people's choice cosmetics and everyday must haves, so I thought I'd give it a go and share with you a few of my favourite things.
Face
Moisturiser:
Possibly my most important tool. I have combination skin, so this day cream works perfectly to soothe dry patches without making my skin oily or greasy. I get through a lot of this stuff so the £2.49 price tag is perfect. It smells lovely too - an added bonus! [Boots Oil Of Evening Primrose With Vitamin E Rich Moisturising Cream]
Foundation:
They say once you go Mac, you never go back, and this is definitely the case for me. I recently invested in this Studio Fix foundation, and my face has never been happier. It is the perfect match, stays on all day, and for once in my life, doesn't make me look tired and/or orange. A little pricey, but I personally believe it is totally worth it. [Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15]
Concealer: 
This little pot is definitely one of my favourites, it does just what it says on the tin, and my skin springs back to life when used on dark patches and blemishes. [Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer]
Highlighter: 
I've run out of my main bottle of this and so am using a mini from a set until I stock up on some more. Benefit strikes again with making me look fresh and alive, this lovely shiny highlighter creates a natural looking dewy glow with just the right amount of sparkle. [Benefit High Beam Complexion Enhancer]
Powder: 
This powder has a lovely matte finish without being too heavy, and leaves skin clear and soft. [Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder]
Blush: 
I stumbled upon this little gem a little while ago, and have not used anything different since. It gives a warm glow that lasts all day, and is a steal at £1.99!
[Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Rosey Glow]
Eyes

Liquid Eyeliner:
Great for heavy definition, cat eyes and other bold looks. An easy to use brush with an ink that stays on until you take it off! [Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner in 'Black Glamour']
Gel Eyeliner:
This tiny little pot is probably my favourite cosmetic item of all time. Bold statement I know, but it is versatile, long wearing, and the pot itself lasts forever. I love the dark brown tone and it dries matte, framing the eye beautifully.[Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in 'Sepia Ink']
[Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush]
Kohl Eyeliner:
This lovely warm brown tone is great with neutral looks, but has just enough sparkle in the colour to stand out. I have grey eyes, and this colour makes them look a lot more blue than they actually are, which I love! [Mac Eye Kohl in 'Teddy']
Mascara:
The classic, unbeatable Great Lash. I have been using this for years and have yet to find anything better. Does exactly what it says on the tin, and for a great price too.[Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in 'Blackest Black']
Cream Shadow:
A lovely, glistening cream that stays on until you take it off. Great when worn sparingly for a natural look, or layered up for a bolder eye colour. [Maybelline Dream Mousse Eyeshadow in 'Plum Temptation']
[Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Brush]
Eyeshadow:
A beautifully shiny range of beiges, greens and blues, great for lighter eye colours. Individual colours stand out nicely, or can be worn together for a lovely pale shimmer.
Bobbi Brown Surf and Sand Eye Palette - sadly no longer available.
Lips
Balm:
Pearl and Shine- A lovely soothing lip balm in a glistening pale pink that softens chapped lips while adding subtle colour and shimmer. [Nivea Lip Care Pearl & Shine]
Stop Cracking Up- A clear gloss that is the most effective balm I have found yet. Nothing else makes my lips as soft and smooth, and this clever little tube actually heals cracked lips quickly too. [Anatomicals Stop Cracking Up Lip Balm]
Gloss:
Benefit- This light shimmer gloss leaves a pink natural tone, and a bright sheen without too much glitter. [Benefit Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in 'Life On The A List']
Clinique- Brilliantly shiny gloss that is long wearing in natural pink tones. Lots of glitter and sparkle. [Clinique Glosswear for Lips in 'Cosmic Pink' and 'Pink Heaven']

Well that turned out to be a lot longer than I had planned! What are your favourites?


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,