recipe: baked caramel cinnamon apple chips

 Last night I was feeling peckish and snacks were minimal. I'd been meaning to try this out for a while, so I thought I'd give it a go. The finished product was so tasty it lasted all of about 2 minutes, so I thought I would share my recipe:
You will need:
1 apple
4 tbsp sugar
4tsp cinnamon

1. Quarter and core your apple and finely cut each quarter into slices
 I used a pink lady apple and it turned out great. Plus, I like the name.
 2. Mix together your sugar and cinnamon. I chose to use 2 tbsp white and 2 tbsp brown sugar. Make sure they are well mixed in.
3. Place the apple slices in the sugar mix and turn over until both sides are coated.
 4. Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper and lay the apple slices out.
 5. Bake for roughly 15 mins at 200oC in a fan oven. Keep an eye on them though, as this may vary. The sugar will caramelise and bubble, so be careful, as they will be VERY hot! Turn them over half way through.
6. Leave to cool and carefully peel from the greaseproof paper.
7. Enjoy!
 Almond butter is my new favourite treat, perfect for those with peanut and dairy allergies! Tastes great with the apple dipped in it, so that is how I chose to serve my chips. (Bought from Sainsbury's supermarkets)



Labels: , , ,