review: zap & clear serum by green people

Hello lovelies!
Today, we are going to talk about spots. 
It's not a nice subject, but I believe it just can't be left unsaid. Spots have become a bit of a taboo subject in the world of beauty, and I'm not really sure why, as I can honestly say I do not know a single person who does not get them. If you are one of these magical people who doesn't, please contact me asap and fill me in on your secret! My skin isn't the worst in the world, which I am grateful for, but I do still suffer with spots, and will normally have a few on my face and upper body at any one time. That is why I was very excited when I was contacted by the lovely people at Green People and asked if I'd like to try out their new serum. I've gone through many different cleansers, gels, creams and various treatments before, but never really found one good enough for me to want to stick with, so am always eager to try something new!
Green People Zap & Clear Serum, £10.95*, available here.
The product came in a neat little box, and you've probably heard me mention before how much of a fan I am of nicely packaged things, so I was rather pleased with this! The first thing that grabbed my attention was the label of 'organic beauty'. I didn't know much about Green People before, but after a little read on line, I was very happy about what I read. The brand focuses on the need for organic products and ingredients, and the importance of this on helping the environment, but also people, especially those with sensitivities or allergies. As a bit of a sensitive person myself, I was eager to try their products.
The product itself is a thin gel that has a light citrus like scent to it. The key ingredients are Aloe Vera, Black Willow Bark, Rosehip, Chamomile and Tea Tree, and one of my favourite things about this product is the smell, as it is fresh and natural, and doesn't smell like you are putting chemicals on your face, which really puts me off using many other similar products. The directions on the tube are: "To zap and clear spots, dab gently onto affected area several times a day." I did this first thing in the morning, and by lunch time, I noticed that a problem patch that I have had for quite a long time now was already looking considerably less red and angry. I continued to reapply the gel for a few days, and am absolutely thrilled with the results! I won't show a picture, as I really don't believe that the internet needs to see my spots. After 3 days, some of my spots have gone entirely, and the aforementioned patch, which I have been trying to get rid of for a few weeks, has been reduced to a few dark patches, the redness has gone and any raised bumps have been nicely flattened.
The tube itself is small and light, and so perfect for the on the go makeup bag, or could easily be slipped into a handbag.
Overall, I am very happy with this product. I am aware that not all treatments work the same for everybody, but this was just what my skin needed, and will definitely become a permanent addition to my makeup back for those spot emergencies!

Have you tried any products from Green People before?
xxx

Labels: , ,