I'm not a fan of early starts, but spend a lot of my time having to be an early riser. To combat that autumnal morning blues, I like to keep things short and simple, and these handy breakfast muffins cut a big step out, meaning a few extra precious moments in bed! I tend to grab one of these as I walk out the door and eat it on the go, they are quick, easy to make, even easier to eat, and don't taste half bad!
You will need:
1-2 slices of bacon, diced
1/2 diced red pepper, or green, or a small handful of frozen pepper slices
3 small mushrooms, chopped, I used chestnut mushrooms.
1 small handful of spinach, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
1 tbsp almond milk
Salt and Pepper.
8 muffin cases
1) Preheat the oven to 180oC
2) Fry your bacon in a little oil, and your peppers if they are frozen.
3) Crack your eggs into a large jug, add the almond milk and beat with a little salt and pepper.
4) Stir the rest of the ingredients into the egg mixture.
5) Pour the mix into the muffin cups, it might be helpful to use a spoon to make sure you get enough of the tasty bits in each cup!
6) Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through.
Keep the muffins in the fridge in a sealed container, and grab one, or two on your way out in the morning!
Labels: breakfast, breakfast muffins, dairy free, paleo, recipe