As promised in last week's Tea For Two post, today I am sharing my recipe for (dairy free of course!) Apple Tea Muffins. Baked apples really taste like autumn for me so I have been coming up with lots of excuses lately to make pies, cakes, or even just apple sauce for my dinner. These muffins make a lovely afternoon snack, but double as a breakfast on the go, with the oats in the recipe helping for a good start to the day! These muffins feature some gorgeous loose leaf tea from the Bluebird Tea Company, who you should definitely have a look at if you're a tea lover like me!
To make 12 muffins...
You will need:
3 Apples, peeled, cored and diced
3 tsp Bluebird Tea Co Ankara Apple loose leaf tea
1 cup almond milk
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 200oC
2) Gently heat the chopped and prepared apples in a saucepan of water for 10 minutes. If they start to lose their shape and get too soft, remove them from the heat.
3) Mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
4) Add in the butter and combine until light and creamy.
5) Fold in the flour until combined, but don't overmix. The batter may be lumpy.
6) Drain the apple chunks from the water, and fold into the mixture.
7) Evenly distribute the mix between 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
8) Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden on the top and a skewer comes out clean.
What is your favourite apple recipe?
Cake Tins available at Joules.com
Badger Mug available at Joules.com
Labels: baking, dairy free, recipe