Honey Bronze: Contouring Made Easy

honey bronze IMG_5891 IMG_5893 IMG_5898 IMG_5886
Just a little disclaimer here, I am by no means a makeup expert. I do what I think works best for me, and unfortunately that may not be the same for you. Having said that, there are no rules here, just because everyone else does something one way, doesn't mean that you can't do it a little differently!

Contouring is a word that has been banded around the beauty world for quite some time now but still causes confusion to many. In case you didn't know, it's the magical process of changing your face shape with bronzers and highlighters, adding definition, slimmer features and even adding cheekbones. There are tons of tutorials out there, and I personally have tried them all, but just couldn't get on with it. I've tried drawing thin lines, thick lines, dark foundations, light bronzers, powders, creams and gels, and it all just got a little bit complicated. And turns out, I'm really not so good at it! Fear not though, if you are contouringly-challenged as I, then I've found a simple, virtually foolproof solution. I had been trying and failing for ages using a thin contour brush, but it turns out that the answer lies in a great big thick brush.

The bronzer itself is always a bit tricky for pale ladies like myself, but this magic Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder is perfect for the fairer skinned. I've tried a few shades, all of which compliment light tones nicely without any hint of orange or being too intense. They are matte too, which makes them perfect for contouring. I have been using either Shade 01 Light Matte, or Shade 02 Fair Matte. As the picture suggests, I have been using this super chunky Bronzing Brush, sweeping it across the beautiful honeycomb set powder, pulling my best fish-face and dusting it into the hollows of my cheeks, focussing on the area under my cheek bones. The brusher is longer than it is round, meaning it fits perfectly into the hollow of my cheek without having to worry about any precise lines. I have been dusting it on with one side in a straight line, then using the other, clean side of the brush to buff in any excess. I'm pleased to say it has transformed my morning makeup routine, as contouring is now quick and easy enough to be able to do every day! And trust me, if I can get the hang of this, then you definitely can too!

The brush is part of the truly stunning and perfect for summer Honey Bronze range at The Body Shop, which I have a couple more posts on in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled for them!



Shop






The Honey Bronze range was sent ℅ The Body Shop. All views are honest and entirely my own.

Labels: , , , , , , ,