Have you ever discovered something about yourself that you didn't know before? Or found you are actually pretty good at things you didn't know you could do? Well I've recently found I have a few hidden talents that were fairly unexpected discoveries.
1. I'm pretty good at poker. Texas Holdem that is. No idea where that came from, but a useful talent I suppose?
2. I'm really good at mess. Instagram-style disorganised desk? Chances are it's meticulously planned down to the position of each discarded pen, but nonetheless it appears to be something I do well. I'm AMAZING at accidental messy chaos too, you should see my bedroom floor.
3. I'm a well-accomplished plant murderer. I recently killed a cactus. They can survive in the desert, but not my house apparently. As a gardener's daughter, this one surprised me somewhat.
4. I am the queen of procrastination. Okay, so this one isn't so hidden, but I've actually shocked myself recently at how good I am at this. Last week I found myself 10 rows into crocheting a blanket to avoid a piece of work that needed doing. This was after cleaning the house, and reorganising my candle collection.
5. This is probably a learned skill rather than a talent, but I'm pretty darn good at eyeliner if I may say so myself. My cat flicks have been even for quite some time now, and I'm proud of that. I'm also grateful for my liner-addicted slightly gothic 14 year old self for the years of practise.
I feel like it's important to recognise your skills, hence this slightly bizarre post. I'd love to hear some of the things you're good at!
Labels: life, positivity, skills, talents, thoughts