Sunday Thoughts

time Recently, I've discovered something a little peculiar. The busier I have been, the more I seem to be able to have got things done. Stranger still, I seem to have had more time to myself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but I'm definitely not complaining. Aside from moving house, I'm back into that funny time of year of, metaphorically speaking, wearing many hats and juggling many balls in the air. Take Friday, for example. I woke up feeling stressed, so I took my own advice and sat down to write it all down. I had 23 things to do before 4pm. No exaggerations there, twenty three things that needed to be done. For once in my life, I just got on with it. I found myself ticking off the items off the list, and a faster pace than expected. Emails sent, posts written, photographs edited and sent off where they needed to go. Phone calls made, boxes unpacked and bills paid. Heck, I even had time to pick up a Pumpkin Spice Latte on the way back from the post office. I was feeling so productive that I allowed myself half an hour to stop, drink my coffee and contemplate the universe, and it was blissful. Instead of spending most of the day procrastinating by scrolling through twitter while worrying about how much stuff I still had to do, I got on with it, and unsurprisingly, I got things done. By 4pm it was all done bar one thing, which I realised could wait until the next day anyway. So then I stopped. Having a deadline to finish at meant I then had time to do things I wanted as well as what I needed to do. I ended the day with a Lush Bath Bomb that I've been waiting to use since Easter, and the movie that arrived in the post the day before. I had had such a busy day, yet I managed to fit so much in. I feel like I've spent so much time this summer with loads of time, yet not managing to get anything done with it, yet now I seem to have very little time, but am doing so much with it. Funny how things like that work out!

Also, isn't You've Got Mail the perfect film for this time of year? The scenes where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan inadvertently follow each other around an autumnal New York with leaves falling everywhere are just so perfect. Swoon! What's your favourite Autumn film?

PS. The first Pumpkin Spiced Latte of the year was even better than I imagined it would be. If you haven't had one yet, then I suggest you do!

Labels: , , ,