Recipe: Raspberry Matcha Tea Loaf

loaf1 loaf2 loaf3 Although I absolutely love baking, I'm not the sort of person who can bake without accidents. Sometimes they are so unfortunate, they resemble the Great British Bake Off's 'Bin-gate', aka resulting in a full baked-alaska-in-the-bun style incident, but other times, they somehow seem to work in my favour. This recipe was one of those times! A little while ago I had a punnet of strawberries rapidly approaching the end of their lifespan, and thought I'd adapt my Blueberry Matcha Muffin recipe to use them up. By the time it came to adding the fruit, I went to pop some muffin cases in a tin, where I realised that I had unfortunately thrown away my rather broken muffin tin a few months earlier, and had entirely forgotten. By this point, I was far too far in to consider starting again, so I improvised by lining a loaf tine and chucking the mix in there, and I'm pleased to say that through a happy accident, one of my favourite bakes to date was born!

It's really rather similar recipe-wise to the muffins, but I'll pop it here just in case!

You will need-
1) Preheat the oven to 200oC
2) In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3) In a microwavable container, pop the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until soft and melted.
4) In a large jug, whisk the matcha powder into the almond milk until all the powder is incorporated. Then gently beat in the eggs, the vanilla extract, and finally the melted butter.
5) Gently fold the wet ingredients from the jug into the large bowl of dry ingredients. It's important to not overmix it to keep the muffins light and fluffy, only mix until all of the dry ingredients are moist.
6) Gently fold in the fruit, mixing a maximum of 3 times.
7) Line a loaf tin with baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Tip in your mix.
8) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and a skewer inserted comes out clean.


I particularly love the Bluebird Tea Co Matcha powder, it's fresh tasting and adds a really lovely flavour to the cake! I think this is best served with plenty of tea, and makes a perfect midmorning snack! Do let me know if you give this a try, I'd love to hear what you think!

Labels: , , , , ,